The Information We Collect
Vector collects and maintains different types of information about individuals and businesses with whom we interact and provide Services. This information may include:
- Name and/or business name;
- Home address and/or business address;
- Home, business, and/or mobile telephone number;
- Email address(es);
- Credit, debit, electronic funds transfer (“EFT”) information, and/or automated clearing house (“ACH”) information, or other payment account number and related information;
- Date of birth;
- Social Security number or Federal Tax ID;
- Information related to Services provided to you;
- Customer and/or business relationship information; and
- Market-related information that does not identify you personally for purposes of analysis and offering new products and services.
If you opt out of receiving marketing material, Vector will ensure that new data collected about you will not be used by Vector for targeting advertising purposes.
The Purposes for Collecting Information
Vector collects information to allow us to manage and develop our business and operations, including:
- Providing you Services;
- Processing payments from you for Services;
- Establishing and maintaining business relations with you;
- Reviewing the Services that we provide to you;
- Informing you of Services other than those that you have specifically requested, unless you have opted out of receiving marketing material from Vector;
- Responding to your comments or requests;
- Protecting us against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property;
- Enabling us to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements; and
- Any other reasonable purpose to which you consent in writing.
Disclosure of Information
We do not disclose information about you to other entities who may want to sell their products to you. Your information may be disclosed when required by law or when essential to provide Services to you. For example, information may be disclosed for the following purposes:
- As permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, such as in response to a subpoena or other legal process;
- To provide information to law enforcement, fire service personnel, or emergency personnel as part of Services;
- Part of Vector’s regular reporting activities to provide aggregate data to Vector’s affiliates and subsidiaries, and in a manner does not identify you personally;
- Information that is already available to the public; and
- To employees, contractors, consultants and other third parties who require the information solely to assist Vector to establish, maintain and manage Services with you, including, for example, third parties that provide services to us or on our behalf or third parties that collaborate with Vector in the provision of Services to you.
Vector uses reasonable technical, operational, and administrative measures to safeguard your information in a manner that is commensurate with the sensitivity of such information. Unfortunately, no form of storage or transmission is completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your information has been compromised as a result of the Sites and/or Services, please contact us immediately as set forth below under “Contact Information”.
We additionally want to remind you that email is not secure against interception. In the event that you submit credit card information and/or EFT/ACH information, please do not provide such information via unsecured e-mail, general fax, or general voicemail. Below are more secure methods for you to provide credit card information and/or EFT/ACH information:
- Through our secure payment portal available at www.vectorsecurity.com/account-logins;
- Speak live with a Vector Security representative; or
- Provide via encrypted email.
Vector strongly encourages consumers and other customers with access to the payment portal identified in (i) above to make payment(s) through such payment portal. For further information about Vector’s safeguarding of credit card, electronic funds transfer, and automated clearing house transactions, please contact us as set forth below under “Contact Information”.
Accuracy of Information; Accessing Your Information
It is important that the information Vector holds about you is accurate and current. You are responsible for informing Vector of changes to such information. If you want to know what information Vector holds about you or wish to change information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact your local Vector branch office. If you do not know your local Vector branch office please visit www.vectorsecurity.com to search by zip code or click on the Locations tab to view a list of all Vector offices. It may not always be possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases in a short period of time, although we will make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request. We may retain some of your personal information for a short period of time following your request or termination of your relationship with Vector so that we can comply with legal obligations, prevent fraud and assist with investigations.
Retention of Your Information
Revisions to this Policy
Vector may from time to time make changes to this Policy to reflect changes in legal or regulatory obligations or changes in the manner in which we deal with information. We will post any revised version of this Policy on this website. This policy is effective as of March 9, 2016.
For any further information related to this Policy, or to contact us as set forth above, please write, email, or telephone us using the contact information listed below:
Vector Security, Inc.
2000 Ericsson Drive
Warrendale, PA 15086