Below are some tips to prevent the police from being dispatched to a home or business unnecessarily:
- Make sure everyone who will be using the alarm system has a code to arm and disarm the alarm panel.
- Make sure everyone who will be using the alarm system has a verbal passcode to give to our CS reps if they call to check on an alarm trip.
- Make sure everyone who will be using the system is properly educated on how to use the alarm system correctly.
- If an alarm is triggered accidentally, the central station will attempt to call the number on file for your residence. Please stay by your phone and be ready to answer the call from the Central Station. Please have your passcode ready to provide to the central station representative to verify that the alarm was false. If you do not receive a call from the central station after few minutes, please call 1-888-832-8671.
- Make sure everyone who will be using the alarm system understands how electronic verification works.
- If using a delay on your doors, make sure the delay is long enough for everyone who will be using the alarm system.
- Test and maintain your alarm system on a regular basis.
- Design your security system with pets in mind so they don’t accidentally trigger sensors and/or contacts.