Redesigned system features mobile-friendly dashboards, easy to navigate interface, customizable widgets and interactive reporting personalized for the customer.
PITTSBURGH, April 30, 2018 – Vector Security® Networks, the single source provider of managed network services and physical security solutions to multi-site businesses across North America, releases InSite™, a new online alarm, data management and reporting system.
“This is more than just an upgrade, it’s a completely new portal designed from the ground up to make data more accessible,” said Jennifer Shimmin, Customer Data Administrator, Vector Security Networks. “The changes bring in new technology, increased security, document management and reporting, as well as modular capabilities that adapt to customers’ needs like the ability to view reports for all sites, regional sites or a single location so that comparative performance can be assessed quickly and easily.”
“Perhaps the biggest highlight of the redesign is our new, easy-to-navigate visual dashboard,” she said. “The dashboard was created with extensive input from our customers…we wanted to learn about their needs, what information is valuable to them and how they prefer the data to be presented.”
The feedback resulted in a new dashboard that contains everything customers want to know about their site(s) at a glance:
- Customizable widgets (graphical on-screen interfaces that allow easy access to data) that can be updated dynamically to meet customers’ needs based on reports accessed most frequently
- Exception and schedule-based events
- Policy offenders and open/close status
- Operator actions and signals received
- Service response and repair time
- View the entire company brand, select multiple sites by hierarchy or sub-brand, or drill down to a singular site
- Chart views of data for quick reference
“We took our customers’ feedback to heart when redesigning InSite,” said Steven White, Corporate Vice President, Business Development. “We reached out and partnered with our customers to create a portal that meets their needs. The result is a robust system rich with personalization capabilities and reporting that helps them gain insights to their business operations.”
Customer feedback also indicated a need to be able to access and view the platform on a variety of devices such as computers, tablets or smartphones. Based on this feedback, the new InSite incorporates responsive design and dynamic content for effective display no matter the device. Additionally, two-factor authentication is available for increased security.
Other Features and Benefits of InSite
- Customize reporting options to meet customers’ business needs
- Scheduled email reports sent to designated recipients
- Exception and schedule-based summary and detail options
- Call List/Code History to track changes
- Customizable Event History to view specific activity
- Intuitive self-service features
- System test mode
- Call list and code changes
- Service requests
- Schedule changes
- Access to additional resources and training
- Comprehensive resource center
- FAQs and Glossary of terms
- Tutorials and self-guided videos
“While this is a great start to meet our customers’ needs, our objective is to continue to build on the platform and add managed network services reporting and management capabilities in the months ahead,” White added.
The new InSite will be rolled out to customers in phases in close partnership with each account in the next several weeks.
About Vector Security Networks
Vector Security Networks (www.vectorsecurity.com/networks) is a division of Vector Security, Inc. a top 5 integrator of physical security solutions and managed services for North American retailers and multi-site businesses, including many Fortune 500 companies. Vector Security Networks serves nearly 90,000 national account sites across North America.
About Vector Security
For more than 40 years, Vector Security, Inc. (www.vectorsecurity.com) has been a premier provider of intelligent security solutions tailored to the needs of the customer. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, the company offers a full suite of electronic security services for residential, business and multi-site customers across North America and the Caribbean through a network of branches and authorized dealers. Through Vector Security Networks, the company also offers customized managed broadband services that lay the foundation for unsurpassed business intelligence. Vector Security is a sister company of the Philadelphia Contributionship, a mutual insurance company founded in 1752, and currently provides cost-effective, technology-based security solutions to nearly 300,000 homes and businesses.