Summer Scam Season is here. Here's What to do if They Knock.
The summer scam season is here, and, unfortunately, companies using unscrupulous door-to-door sales tactics never announce their intentions. At Vector Security, though, your protection is our priority. That’s why we are alerting you to sales scams in your area.
In these sales scams, people claiming to be with Vector Security knock on your door and attempt to gain access to your home and security system by telling you they need to inspect your system, change the batteries, or offer you an upgrade or other incentive.
These people may even wear apparel with our name or logo. Some may claim they are with the manufacturer of your security equipment. They lie to get you to sign a new contract with their company or replace your equipment. And before you know it, you’ve been scammed.
DON'T BE FOOLED! If someone approaches you, ask for ID. Vector Security reps always carry proper credentials.
If you encounter suspicious activity, here are some tips:
- Ask for identification. If you’re still not sure, call our office to verify.
- We never show up unannounced for installation or service, including equipment upgrades. If someone shows up unannounced to inspect or perform work on your system, send them away and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Never give away your personal or financial information without validating the salesperson is from the company they say they are from.
- Do not sign any contracts presented to you.
- Some imposters might wear clothing with the Vector Security name or logo. Even so, be sure to ask for ID. Our salespeople are happy to verify who they are.
Protect yourself and your neighbors, and help stop this unsafe and unethical scheme. Report any suspicious activity to your local branch, email@example.com or via our website at www.vectorsecurity.com.
If the situation escalates, you should also report the incident to your local police department, Better Business Bureau or the Attorney General's office.
Read more about sales scams on our blog.