Award recognizes more than 10 years of partnership
PITTSBURGH - Vector Security® is the winner of the 2012 Salvation Army Nehemiah Award, recognizing the electronic security leader for its sustained and continued efforts to support the organization.
Since it began its involvement with the Salvation Army in 2001, Vector Security has contributed to and volunteered at numerous events, including:
- The Red Kettle Campaign, the Salvation Army's signature effort to raise donations during the holiday season. Vector Security volunteers have manned the kettles annually at various locations in the Pittsburgh area since 2002.
- Project Bundle Up, where employees have volunteered to shop for coats, jackets and other cold-weather gear for those in need. The Vector Security Pittsburgh branch donates a security system to the Project Bundle Up Telethon auction every year.
- Treasures for Children, by donating toys to children during the holidays. Vector Security has also worked with trucking companies in Pittsburgh to donate trucks that pick up and deliver toys to the Salvation Army's warehouse for sorting.
- Sponsorship of Hartwood Acres Festival of Lights, benefiting the Salvation Army.
- Participation in the Red Kettle Annual Golf Tournament, Project Bundle Up Kick Off Dinner and Doing the Most Good Award Dinner.
Additionally, Michael Grady, Executive Vice President at Vector Security, has served on the Greater Pittsburgh Advisory Board for the Salvation Army since 2002. He remains an active Board member and attends local chapter meetings annually.
The Nehemiah Award will be presented to Vector Security at the Doing the Most Good Dinner celebration on December 4 at the Pittsburgh Sheraton Station Square.
For more than 40 years, Vector Security, Inc. (www.vectorsecurity.com) has been a premier provider of intelligent security solutions tailored to the needs of the customer. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, the company offers a full suite of electronic security services for residential, business and national account customers across North America and the Caribbean through a network of branches and authorized dealers. Vector Security is a sister company of the Philadelphia Contributionship, a private insurance company founded in 1752, and currently provides cost-effective, technology-based security solutions to more than 260,000 homes and businesses.