Traveling can be stressful. From packing your belongings to catching flights and booking hotel accommodations, there can be many overwhelming moving parts. Home security should not be one of them.
If you’re a homeowner constantly on the go, you need a security system that is reliable and convenient. Here are two solutions that will keep your home secure so you can focus on your travels.
Monitored alarms are extremely effective for on-the-go homeowners. Here’s how they work in an emergency:
- An audible alarm is triggered, alerting occupants and intruders of an emergency.
- An event-specific emergency signal is sent to a monitoring center, where operators are available 24/7.
- A center operator calls you to verify the alarm.
- If the alarm is real, the operator dispatches help and calls your personal emergency contacts.
With monitored burglar, fire and carbon monoxide alarms, mobile notifications and alerts can keep users connected to their home no matter where they are in the world.
Home Mobile Solutions
Convenience and flexibility are two important factors when it comes to security for traveling homeowners. That’s why security systems with remote control capabilities are crucial.
With a home mobile security app, homeowners can use their smartphone or laptop to:
- Control your security system, including arming and disarming, so you can protect your home while you’re away.
- Create automatic arming schedules that fit your lifestyle, so you don’t have to wonder whether your system is armed or worry about accidentally triggering it.
- View activity reports that let you know if doors or windows have been opened.
- Monitor video of your property with cameras installed in your home. Watch live video or recorded clips, set up motion-triggered recordings and get real-time alerts.
- Lower your energy bills by controlling lights, thermostats and locks.
Whether you’re at work or on vacation, mobile security solutions put the ultimate control and convenience in the palm of your hand so you can enjoy your time away from home.
What are some on the go security solutions you use to protect your home? Share in the comments below.