Top Security Products to Purchase on Black Friday
Black Friday, the unofficial start of the holiday shopping season, is one of the biggest retail days of the year. In 2017, holiday sales totaled an astounding $691.9 billion, and more than 174 million Americans contributed to that total between Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
People typically use Black Friday discounts to purchase appliances, winter clothes and electronics. And, this year, there is one type of electronic you’ll want to be sure you don’t miss: security equipment.
The best security equipment purchases will keep you safe and align with the latest trends in the security industry. Here’s what to look for when you’re scouring for Black Friday deals.
1. Voice-Activated Equipment
Automated and voice-activated technology enhances our daily lives by making our devices smarter. To keep up with the burgeoning advancements in voice activation, look for Black Friday deals on home assistants, like Amazon Echo or Google Home.
These voice-activated tools can enhance your home security by:
- Arming or disarming security systems.
- Checking whether the garage door is closed.
- Locking or unlocking doors with smart locks.
2. High-Powered Video
Video is not a new addition to home security, but with advancements in technology, high-quality video surveillance is more accessible than ever. Black Friday shopping lists should include video recording and surveillance equipment, such as:
- Doorbell cameras to see who is at your door.
- Outdoor surveillance cameras to watch over your driveway and yard.
- Garage or shed cameras to protect valuable equipment.
- Indoor cameras to keep an eye on various rooms in your home.
3. Integrations with Mobile
As a homeowner, you deserve peace of mind knowing your loved ones and valuables are protected even when you’re away. For that reason, consider how your Black Friday security purchases will pair with your mobile devices.
Here’s what to look for:
- Cameras that allow you to check a live feed from your mobile device.
- Smart locks that can be opened or closed from remotely.
- Alarm systems that connect a live dispatcher to your cell phone in case of an emergency.
- Opportunities to customize a fully-integrated home security system that you can control from your mobile device.
4. Cloud-Focused Security Solutions
Much of today’s technology is cloud-based, meaning you can access information from anywhere with an Internet connection. Prioritize this feature when you shop for Black Friday deals on security equipment. Utilizing a cloud-based security product offers the following benefits:
- Convenience, because you can check information (like a recorded surveillance video) from almost anywhere.
- Relief from backing up any data manually, since it’s all stored in the cloud.
- Peace of mind knowing your home security data is safe and secure, unlike when it’s stored on a physical device and could be lost or destroyed.
What security equipment do you plan to purchase on Black Friday? Share in the comments below.