This post was originally published on December 15, 2020, and has been updated for comprehensiveness and accuracy.
As you prepare for the holiday season and start shopping for gifts, consider this: what if you could gift your loved ones a sense of safety, security, and peace of mind?
Well, this year, you can. By carefully curating the best home security gifts for everyone’s individual needs, you can provide a useful item they’ll appreciate and use.
If you’re worried that people won’t want a home security gift, the numbers tell a different story. The global home security systems market is expected to reach $78.9 billion by 2025. Odds are, the people on your list are among the many that prefer a safe and secure dwelling.
Luckily, we’ve picked out the best home security gifts for everyone on your list.
For anyone who’s welcomed new family members this year, the importance of home security has probably taken on a new meaning. With children in the home, there’s even more of a reason to keep every room as safe as possible—both from safety hazards and outside risks.
Consider the following gifts for the new parents:
- Door and Window Sensors: Keep parents aware of any toddling escape artists by gifting door and window sensors, which emit a visual and/or audio alarm when opening doors and windows.
- Nanny Cams: Give parents the peace of mind that comes with knowing their child is always in safe hands by gifting a discreet nanny cam. Just make sure you understand your state’s laws on unauthorized video recording, first. Note: Video surveillance cameras can also act as a great alternative to traditional baby monitors.
It’s likely someone on your gift list has a pet they cherish. Why not help them feel more secure knowing their pet is safe while they’re not around?
Here are some of the best home security gift ideas they’ll love:
- Surveillance Camera: A simple-to-install indoor surveillance camera can help pet owners keep an eye on their four-legged friends. There are multiple options to choose from, including doorbell cameras, outdoor cameras, and indoor cameras. Choose one that syncs with an app for their mobile device, so they can easily view a live feed from anywhere.
- Environmental Monitoring Systems: Consider upgrading environmental monitoring systems, such as a fire alarm, carbon monoxide alarm, or temperature sensor that will trigger an alert if conditions in the home ever become unsafe for pets. Temperature alerts are especially important for pets that require a specific temperature to thrive such as lizards or snakes.
Seniors and Elders
If you’re considering gifts for elderly parents, family members, or friends, why not get them something that helps them maintain their independence while also providing peace of mind to you and others that they are safe?
A few home security gift options include:
- Medical Alert Necklace or Button: Opt for a wearable or stationary device that allows its user to quickly summon emergency personnel in case of a fall or other urgent situation.
- Two-Way Video Call Camera: The elderly individuals in your life could take comfort in having a security camera in their home that their trusted family members can check in on. What’s even better is an indoor camera that allows family and friends to make two-way audio calls for immediate communication.
Everybody knows a technology wiz that needs a great holiday gift. Security equipment keeps getting smarter, and there are endless ways to make this recipient’s home more convenient and more secure. Why not consider these options:
- Smart Locks: Wi-Fi-enabled smart locks are the perfect solution for avoiding getting locked out, controlling your doors from afar, and maintaining a better grasp on how secure your home is. The lock can be controlled with a wireless app that lets security live in the palm of your hand. Smart locks can also provide insights as to who enters and exits the home through an activity log that updates any time the door is opened and unique access codes by a user.
- Smart Lights: Gift smart lightbulbs for that recipients can screw into any standard lightbulb fitting throughout their home and can control using an app. This gift allows for scheduled lighting, energy management, and convenience. They can use scheduled timers to help prevent break-ins while away.
If you’re still looking for more ways to protect you and your loved ones this holiday season, check out our Holiday Season Guide to Home Security for tips and tricks on staying safe this holiday season.
Whatever security gifts you decide on this holiday season, be sure to do your research and connect with a trusted security vendor to ensure you get the right equipment. Contact Vector Security to learn how you can give your loved ones peace of mind this holiday with the best home security gift items.