New Research Suggests Smart Houses Sell Faster
As smart home technology becomes more mainstream throughout the U.S., home buyers are looking beyond stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops for appliances that add convenience and safety to their lives.
A Coldwell Banker Real Estate survey found smart homes sell faster than those without smart technology.
The 2015 online survey gathered intelligence from more than 500 sales associates and shed light on the specific smart features preferred by homebuyers. Here’s what Coldwell Banker’s research found:
Growing Interest in Smart Home Technology
- About 66% of sales associates said buyers are showing more interest in homes with smart technology.
- Homeowners have smart phones, and want to learn about controlling their home from a connected device.
- Home listings feature smart home capabilities more frequently.
- Homes with smart capabilities close sales faster than those without.
- 57 percent said Gen X (potential buyers between the age of 35 and 49) is the top-buying group for smart home technology.
According to sales associates surveyed, the following categories are most appealing to home buyers.
Increase The Value of Your Home
For homeowners looking to increase their home’s value and close faster, installing smart home capabilities is a viable option. Smart homes present improved security, convenience and energy costs through unprecedented control of the climate, security devices, electronics, appliances and lights. Can new cabinets or fresh paint do that?
Related Read: Cost and Benefit Analysis of a Home Security System
Select a Smart Partner
When you’re ready to install smart home technology, it is best to reach out to a trusted home automation vendor, rather than trying to do-it-yourself. Professional installation guarantees that your system is set up and maintained properly.
Many vendors allow homeowners to customize their automation systems to align with priorities and budget. Work one-on-one with a specialist to ensure the most sought-after home automation features are properly implemented, thereby equipping your home with relevant devices for its next buyer.
What smart features would you look for in a new home? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Image Source: Alicja Colon