March Madness Lessons for Security Partnerships
It’s March Madness season! And tournament success requires teamwork, talent, and quality equipment. We’ve found that the same holds true for security provider partnerships.
Therefore, as you evaluate potential vendors, put your March Madness bracket-picking skills to use. Below are a few tips to get started.
Ask Family and Friends
When filling out your March Madness bracket, it’s common to ask family and friends for their opinions. Apply the same strategy to security system selection. Talk with people you trust to gain reassurance, uncover system pros and cons, and weigh your options.
Evaluate Performance History
As a March Madness enthusiast, you know referrals are simply not enough. Before selecting your teams, you likely evaluate performance history against the competition.
In a similar way, conduct in-depth research before deciding on a security system. Look at the company’s website, sales collateral and customer reviews to really understand offerings. Ask:
- How long has the company been in business? What is their track record of success?
- Is this company Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA) Certified?
- How fast are customer service requests resolved?
- What equipment is offered, and how does it stack up against your needs?
Select a company that is on a winning streak, and can provide you with the championship products and service you deserve.
Gauge Team Dynamics
Winning teams are often built on a foundation of collaboration and trust. This rings true beyond the sporting world into business partnerships. When making your home security system pick, look beyond the products and price to the team supporting them.
- Do you trust the salesperson?
- Was the sales pitch collaborative, instead of pushy?
- Were your questions answered and needs met?
- Does this seem like a company you would enjoy working with long-term?
The teams that jive the best together often perform the best, so select good teammates.
What do you consider before selecting a security system company? Share with us in the comment section below.
Image Source: davidd