Invest in a Home Automation System Using Your Tax Refund
According to the IRS, the national average tax refund in 2015 was $3,120. As you brainstorm different ways to spend this year’s refund, you should consider investing in your home.
1. You Will Have Control of Your Home Security
An automation system gives you control over your home security at anytime, from anywhere. With smart home technology, conveniently protect your biggest asset, and ensure the safety of your family and valuables. Remotely, control features such as:
- Alerts. Receive alerts when motion sensors or detectors are triggered, and stay connected to your home.
- Locks. Remotely lock or unlock doors from your mobile device.
- Smart Lights. Remotely turn lights on or off, or schedule lights to make it appear as though you are home even when you are not.
- Surveillance Cameras. Monitor indoor and outdoor locations simultaneously.
2. Home Automation Systems are Tailored to Your Needs
Home automation systems can enhance convenience, comfort and safety. Most system providers understand that no two customers are the same and will work with you to create a package that aligns with your needs and budget.
Before choosing a reliable provider, consider these factors:
- Which services are most important to include in your automation system?
- Who has the resources to properly cater to your needs?
- What ongoing maintenance support do they offer?
3. Home Automation Could Save You Money
Automation features allow you to proactively limit damage to your home. For example, smart sensors can detect low temperatures, water leaks or spikes in carbon monoxide levels so you can quickly respond to any serious issues.
Relatedly, investing in smart technology could reduce homeowner insurance costs. Since an automation system can lower a home’s risk for damage, insurance providers commonly reward homeowners for implementing smart technology with reduced premiums or deductibles, saving you money in the long run.
Energy management solutions can also reduce home utility bills. Create customized schedules for your thermostat and lights to fit your schedule, and consume less energy.
What other home improvements will you invest in using your tax refund? Share in the comment section below.
Image Source: Tax Calculator via Flickr