Garage doors are one of the most common entry points for intruders as they are relatively easy to break into and often overlooked by homeowners.
When an intruder gains access to your garage, they also gain access to your home, car and personal belongings.
Installing your Smart Garage
Installed correctly, smart garages can help deter intruders and provide around the clock monitoring of your home. It is advised that you contact a reliable security service provider to install equipment for you. Work with a trusted provider to:
- Ensure equipment functions properly.
- Guarantee installation is backed by a warranty.
- Verify trained security professionals will monitor your home.
Controlling your Smart Garage
Once installed, smart garages can be controlled from any approved device, allowing you to secure your home, even while you are away. Use your smartphone or browser to:
- Open or close your garage remotely.
- Schedule opening and closing times.
- Set up alerts for when your garage is left open or sensors are triggered.
- View live footage of your garage at any time, if cameras are installed.
Integrating Additional Smart Technology
- Geo-Services. Notify you when someone has left a specified perimeter without closing the garage.
- Home alarm monitoring. Promptly dispatch emergency services in the case of a break-in.
- Image sensors. Detect movement and provide images when triggered.
- Video surveillance. Automatically record a short clip every time the garage door is opened.
- Unique user codes. Assign individuals unique codes to access the garage at specified times.
Securing one of the most vulnerable entry points of your home will help prevent break-ins, safeguard your belongings and keep your family safe.
In what ways could you benefit from securing your home with a smart garage? Share in the comment section below.
Image Source: Cary Peterson