This post was originally published on February 8, 2018 and has been updated for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
In the fast-moving business world, your mobile device gives you the power to stay connected to your employees, partners and critical business information, no matter where you are in the world.
More than that, your smartphone can grant you real-time access to your security system from anywhere, so you can respond immediately to security threats, such as break-ins, burglaries or unauthorized access.
Due to the Coronavirus, many businesses are maintaining smaller in-person workforces with the majority of employees working from home. With less staff and potentially less security on location, the ability to keep an eye on things remotely is more crucial than ever.
A smartphone can be your strongest security tool, but only if you know how to properly leverage its capabilities. Learn the benefits of using your smartphone to enhance business security.
1. Closely Monitor Business Properties
- Flag suspicious activity, such as loitering or theft.
- Monitor employee behavior at POS terminals to expose fraudulent behavior or theft.
- Review archived footage to identify perpetrators.
- Schedule recordings whenever an image or motion sensor is triggered.
- Leverage video analytics and online reporting for smarter space planning.
- Ensure safety precautions are being followed by both customers and employees.
- View live footage to ensure business as usual.
2. Receive Real-Time Threat Alerts
- A surveillance camera is triggered by unusual activity to begin recording an event.
- An individual has accessed a restricted area.
- A monitored alarm, image sensor or glass-break detector is triggered.
- A security system setting has been changed.
3. Manage Your Security System from Anywhere
Mobile business solutions give you the freedom to manage and control your security system from any web-enabled device. Using your smartphone, you have the ability to:
- Control smart lights and thermostats to lower energy costs.
- Lock or unlock doors to grant authorized users access to restricted areas.
- Remotely arm or disarm your security system.
- View activity reports to see when doors or rooms have been accessed.
With the power to control your security system remotely, your phone is a valuable asset to ensure your business is protected against threats—especially in the COVID era.
Contact a member of our expert security team to learn more about how you can leverage your smartphone to better protect