Covert surveillance cameras are small and portable, making them easy to conceal around the home. Learn how to sufficiently disguise and use your security cameras appropriately for increased home security and peace of mind while away.
Strategically Place Cameras
Hidden cameras enable you to monitor activity in real-time around your property. Optimally-placed covert cameras are most effective when they are:
- Installed in sensible areas (e.g., living room, kitchen or toy room).
- Placed under sufficient lighting.
- Positioned to capture wide angles for fuller surveillance coverage.
With properly placed cameras, homeowners can identify and respond promptly to potentially hazardous situations that occur while they are away. Hidden cameras can serve as visual and audio evidence in the following cases:
- A babysitter neglects the children.
- A healthcare provider mistreats an elderly patient.
- A visitor steals belongings from the home.
- An unwelcome visitor enters the premises.
- An alarm event is triggered.
Hide Cameras in Common Household Items
Homeowners can strategically place cameras where they blend into natural surroundings. Hidden cameras are less likely to be discovered when disguised as common household items:
- Artificial plants. Place the camera in a flowerpot, and use leaves as a concealer.
- Curtain Rods. Small cameras placed higher up are less likely to be detected.
- Hollow books. Surround the disguised camera with several books on a shelf.
- Plush toys. Hide in a stuffed animal to keep tabs on your children and the babysitter.
- Tissue boxes. Covert cameras may capture footage through a small hole cut into the side of a tissue box.
More Places to Hide Security Cameras
- Wall Clocks
- Artifical Plants
- Curtain Rods
- In Medicine Cabinets
- Hollow Books
- Entertainment Centers
- Picture Frames
- Door Frames
- Plush Toys
- Tissue Boxes
- Top of Refrigerator
- Eye Level on Exterior Doors
Adhere to Local Regulations
Before installing covert cameras, understand your state’s laws regarding unauthorized video surveillance. Some states require consent from those being recorded. Also, avoid placing cameras in private areas, such as restrooms.
When used appropriately, hidden cameras provide peace of mind to homeowners who are concerned about the safety of their family and personal assets. When strategically placed, they can capture potential danger as it arises, so you can respond accordingly.
What is the most effective way disguise home security cameras? Share in the comment section below.