How Does the Home Monitoring Center Protect Me?
Did you know…
- A small flame can turn into a major fire in less than 30 seconds?
- It only takes two minutes for a residential fire to become life-threatening?
- The average burglary takes less than 10 minutes?
- High concentrations of carbon monoxide become deadly in less than 5 minutes?
- The national average emergency response time is more than 15 minutes?
Time is everything during an emergency. The quicker you’re aware of a crisis, the more time you have to react and minimize damage. Although a home security system greatly minimizes the risk of home burglaries, fires and environmental hazards—a monitored solution offers even more protection.
Here’s how a monitored solution can protect you against three main threats.
Approximately 2.5 million burglaries occur each year in the U.S. To minimize the risk of a break-in, consider a monitored burglar alarm solution. Should a break-in occur, the system sounds an audible alarm to ward off intruders. But unlike “local” alarms that only emit an audible alarm, monitored alarms also send an emergency signal to the monitoring center, where operators are available 24/7 to dispatch help to your home.
With a Vector Security monitored burglar alarm, homeowners receive:
- Award-winning monitoring service so authorities are notified quickly in the event of a break-in.
- Easy-to-use control panels that everyone in your household can operate.
- Mobile solutions that let you arm and disarm your system and get notifications on your computer or smartphone.
- Motion sensors, door/window contacts and glassbreak detectors that trigger an audible alarm to warn intruders.
- Wireless keypads and keychains so you can control your alarm system from anywhere inside or near your house.
Fire departments in the U.S. respond to a residential fire every 88 seconds.
A monitored fire alarm can also protect your home in the event of a fire. Should a fire occur, the system sounds an audible alarm so you can evacuate quickly. Your system will also send an emergency signal to the monitoring center so 24/7 operators can dispatch necessary emergency services.
With a Vector Security monitored fire alarm, homeowners will get:
- Expert placement of each smoke detector inside your home to optimize your fire protection.
- Reliable, accurate smoke detectors.
- In addition to an audible alarm, our 24/7 Monitoring Center services that immediately dispatch help, even when you’re not home.
3. Environmental Hazards
However, a monitored environmental hazard solution can minimize these damages. Consider incorporating the following monitored solutions for your home:
- Low temperature sensors in basements, bathrooms, kitchens and other areas of your home where water pipes are present. They let you and the monitoring center operators know when the temperature in these areas drops below 45 degrees so action can be taken to prevent or limit damage from a burst pipe.
- Water leak sensors in flood-prone areas of your home detect accumulation of water caused by cracked or broken water pipes, loose pipe connections, inadequate drainage or flooding. If the sensor detects excessive water, an alarm notifies you, while a signal is sent to the monitoring center so action can be taken right away.
- Carbon monoxide detectors throughout your home warn of toxic carbon monoxide levels so you can quickly evacuate to prevent sickness and health risks.
It’s always comforting knowing that someone you trust is looking out for you. If you have questions about a home monitored solution, contact a trusted security expert today.
What are some of your top video surveillance tips? Share in the comments below.