The right security equipment ensures employee, building and inventory safety. But, what happens when you’re not physically present to manage and monitor devices? This is where remote access can help, as it lets you monitor and control your security system from anywhere using a smartphone or tablet.
High-quality security vendors will offer an app that provides a holistic view of your security system, and allows you to access cameras, smart lights, thermostats, alarm panels and more from afar.
Below, we outline the key elements and benefits of a secure remote access setup and how businesses can use it in conjunction with smart technology.
With remote access, businesses can monitor their property in real-time and immediately address any issues. Video surveillance enables business owners to stay connected to their operations when they are away.
Business owners can use remote access with video surveillance to:
- Adjust camera angles. Switch angles on properly positioned cameras using a smartphone or tablet to view different areas from one camera.
- Keep tabs on employees. Discourage internal theft and verify employees are staying on task.
- Monitor POS terminals and stockrooms. Decrease loss by identifying and fraudulent behavior or theft.
- Receive alerts when video has been recorded. Receive video footage when an image sensor has been triggered.
- Record clips when someone enters or exits a door. Ensure employees arrive on time for their shifts or easily identify intruders.
Business owners can manage energy consumption using remote access. Controlling smart light and thermostat settings allows businesses to lower electricity bills and conserve energy.
From the convenience of their smartphone, business owners can:
- Control lights and thermostat settings remotely.
- Receive immediate alerts when settings have changed.
- Schedule lights and thermostats to sync with business hours, or adjust over long weekends and holidays.
Monitored Alarm System
Business owners can use remote access with their monitored alarm system to:
- Schedule notifications in the case of an emergency.
- Arm or disarm security systems remotely.
- Lock or unlock doors remotely.
Controlling these security features with remote access creates peace of mind for business owners who can stay connected with their business, even when they are away.
Ready to protect your employees and buildings from your smartphone? To learn more, contact one of our trusted security experts today