Apple TV has made it possible for homeowners to monitor live video streams of their properties by connecting smart home capabilities with TV screens.
Last January, Alarm.com launched a user-friendly app for Apple TV that makes monitoring your home simple and convenient. Consider the benefits of pairing home automation with Apple TV to protect your smart home.
Monitor Multiple Locations Simultaneously
Apple TV allows you to view home security camera footage directly onto your TV. You can even navigate between streams and monitor several locations simultaneously. Up to four cameras can be viewed at once—right from your couch.
The video surveillance feature on Apple TV allows you to:
- Check who’s at the door before opening it.
- Ensure that doors and gates are closed before bed.
- Keep an eye on secondary properties while away.
- Keep tabs on maids and nannies if working on another floor.
- Monitor your children or pets at play in the backyard.
- See what is happening around the perimeter of your home.
- Watch packages get delivered to your door.
For added convenience, the app also allows you to control Alarm.com’s pan and tilt cameras with The Apple TV Siri Remote to provide optimal coverage and security.
Enjoy Seamless Navigation
According to Tech Hive, Apple TV is superior to other digital media players due to its ease of navigation. Apple TV makes it easy for you to switch back and forth between applications, allowing you to enjoy a movie and monitor your home at the same time.
Additionally, the Apple TV Siri Remote is touch sensitive and provides a smoother, more comfortable navigation experience for users.
Keep Cash in Your Wallet
Incorporating an Apple TV into your home automation system is a cost-effective and convenient solution to monitor your home. Here are some of the benefits to consider:
- The Alarm.com app is free for all users in the Apple TV App Store.
- The app supports multiple Alarm.com accounts in a single interface.
- The Apple TV is relatively inexpensive and includes additional entertainment features.
How could you improve your home security with the inclusion of Apple TV? Share in the comment section below.
Image Source: Methodshop.com via Flickr