With the holidays around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about gift ideas.
Are you tired of giving your dad a new tie every year? Maybe you’ve burned through all of your usual stocking-stuffer ideas and want something more useful.
What could be better than giving the gift of protection and safety? Peace of mind sounds a lot more valuable than a necktie.
Protect the people you love by giving them some extra security this year. Below are three home security gift ideas for this holiday season.
1. Security Cameras
Security cameras are a perfect gift for those who want to keep an eye on their homes. Whether monitoring your home’s interior or exterior, cameras are a great way to increase visibility. Consider gifting the following to your loved ones:
- Doorbell cameras are becoming more popular due to the added security and convenience they provide. These cameras can be paired with a mobile device for on-demand monitoring of everyone that comes to the door.
- Indoor cameras can be placed throughout the home in areas where you want to prevent theft or danger, such as bedrooms, playrooms and kitchens.
- Outdoor "entryway" cameras allow homeowners to monitor their property’s exterior. Placing visible cameras above entryways can also help deter criminals.
2. Smart Locks
Smart locks are a great gift for forgetful people. By eliminating the need for a key, smart locks give the user the ability to lock and unlock his or her home through a smartphone.
Smart locks can also provide insights as to who enters and exits the home through an activity log that updates any time the door is opened and unique access codes by user. You can even customize your security system to send you mobile alerts if someone tampers with your door.
3. Smart Lighting
Smart lighting is the perfect gift for someone who wants to secure his or her home and save energy at the same time. This technology allows users to control the lights in a home through a smartphone or a pre-set schedule. Smart lighting can:
- Make it appear as if you’re home to prevent break-ins.
- Help you conserve energy, and save money on the electric bill.
- Access lights remotely using a smartphone or your favorite mobile device.
Whatever security gifts you decide on this holiday season, be sure to do your research and connect with a trusted vendor to ensure you get the right equipment. Give your loved ones peace of mind with these home security items.
What home security items are on your wish list this holiday season? Share your suggestions in the comments below.