2017: The Year of the Smart Home
Today’s homes are becoming smarter, safer and more energy efficient by the minute. Connected devices have made their way into millions of households and show few signs of slowing down. Vector Security alone deploys more than 4 million connected devices.
With rapid advancements in home automation, users can better manage and monitor smart devices from any location. From wearable technology to housekeeping robots, home automation systems continually adapt to provide safety and convenience for you and your family at every life stage.
This infographic highlights key trends in smart home automation and reveals the potential of the market in the next several years. Could 2017 be the year of the smart home?
As home automation becomes more integrated into everyday life, homeowners must take precautions to protect connected devices from cyber threats. Ensure all necessary precautions are taken to maximize home security for you and your family:
- Encrypt networks that host connected devices to provide an additional layer of protection against cyber attacks.
- Frequently update products and systems to safeguard against emerging threats to system security.
- Use password protection on all devices to prevent unauthorized users from accessing sensitive data.
- Utilize a separate network for smart devices to protect your security system even if your primary network is compromised.
- Work with a trusted security provider to properly install and manage devices.
In what ways will home automation impact your everyday life? Share in the comments below!