The number of targeted cyber attacks rose each quarter in 2019, ending up 19% higher than the total for 2018. This poses a major threat to business security.
In a world driven by technology and the internet of things (IoT), more business owners are investing in cutting-edge security equipment to protect not only physical assets, but also sensitive online data.
While security and smart devices such as monitored alarms, lights, surveillance cameras and access control allow you to protect your physical business, the strength and security of your network dictates your security system’s effectiveness. Even top-quality security equipment can be rendered useless if it’s not connected to a reliable network.
That’s why it’s imperative you work with a network security provider to ensure your security system is connected to a network that protects your business assets. Read on for the questions to ask your network security provider to guarantee your business is properly secured.
Top Considerations for High-Quality Business Security Systems
Before addressing your network, ensure you have optimal security system objectives in place. Work with a trusted provider to design a reliable and cost-effective system tailored to your specific business needs. Some questions to ask:
- Is my business ready to migrate to an IP-based security system?
- What IP-based security devices should I invest in to protect my business?
- How will the addition of new devices affect my existing network performance?
- Do I need to hire a third party to install network-connected security equipment?
- Where can I monitor my business’ security system on a daily basis?
The Business Case for Managed Security Services
Running a business demands time, human capital and expenses. However, most small and mid-size businesses lack the proper resources to manage and maintain a reliable network environment. Partnering with a network security provider grants you the freedom and flexibility to focus on business performance without worrying about information technology demands.
To understand the benefits of working with a network provider, discuss the following questions:
- Which stages of the network lifecycle can a provider manage on behalf of my company?
- Which carriers can I choose from?
- How can I ensure sensitive business data is secured as it moves through the IP network?
- What network monitoring services are available to proactively identify threats?
- What services does your network operations center (NOC) offer?
- How easy is it to add or remove sites, equipment or users to the network?
Ensure your Business Network Infrastructure is Secure
Without a strong network infrastructure, your business could suffer from outdated technology, poor customer experiences and irritated employees. What’s worse? A lack of an infrastructure could make your business vulnerable to security risks and cyber attacks.
When addressing your network infrastructure, ask questions, such as:
- What hardware manufacturers do you support?
- How do you vet hardware manufacturers to ensure they are best of breed?
- Is your NOC payment card industry (PCI) compliant?
Security Solutions Tailored to Your Business
No two businesses are exactly alike, which is why you should partner with a network security provider that custom tailors your security system to accommodate your business needs and offers ongoing technical support. Ask your provider:
- How do you ensure my network is designed with my unique needs in mind?
- What are your standard network service level agreements?
- Who would I contact if I have an issue or question? How fast will I hear back?
From start to finish, your network security provider should take a “white-glove” approach and assure service quality through account planning, customer collaboration, implementation, and ongoing support and maintenance.
Vector Security Networks offers single-source solution tailored to the specific needs of your business. To learn more, contact one of our trusted security experts today.