Top 2017 Business Cyber Security Threats
Cyber security threats are on the rise, and businesses must be prepared to avoid loss.
Yet, according to a June 2016 Ponemon Institute report, only 14% of small- and medium-sized businesses are equipped to mitigate cyber security risks.
Let’s take a look at some top threats and key steps to protect against them.
Protect Against Cyber Security Threats
- Update equipment on a regular basis for compatibility with other security equipment and systems.
- Install antivirus software, malware and firewalls to catch malicious activity before it’s too late.
- Conduct a business security audit to determine if existing equipment and systems align with your business’ current needs.
- Provide all systems, equipment and software with unique passwords or passcodes, and limit access to necessary individuals.
- Set guidelines if you allow employees to bring their own devices (BYOD) to the workplace.
- Keep a pulse on business security trends and news, and adapt processes to evolving security needs.
- Never access your company’s sensitive information from unsecured or unfamiliar networks while traveling or working remotely.
- Conduct in-depth interviews and background checks before hiring new employees to ensure they are reliable and trustworthy.
How do you plan to protect your business from cyber threats in 2017? Share in the comment section below.