Secure remote access to network-connected devices, such as your IP surveillance system, provides enhanced visibility into system health to administrators.
With anytime, anywhere access, more readily uncover problems or failures that may combat system security or functionality. Remotely:
- Check on equipment status and network connectivity.
- Receive real-time alerts related to abnormal system conditions.
- Change passwords if they are compromised.
- Add or remove users.
- Install system updates and upgrades.
Careful security equipment monitoring lets you act proactively if issues are detected.
Properly Secure Remote Access
Although remote access can be an efficient way to monitor and maintain systems, it must be properly secured to avoid:
- Unwanted application traffic, which can slow networks and consume bandwidth.
- Unauthorized access to hackers.
- Malware gaining access to your main network.
To avoid these risks, work with your vendor to properly secure your remote access. Some tips to consider before enabling remote access capabilities are:
- Do not access or use unsecured WIFI when accessing the company network.
- Keep systems and devices up-to-date with the latest upgrades.
- Limit access to necessary individuals.
- Ensure devices are password/passcode protected when not in use.
- Set up necessary firewalls and antivirus software.
How does your business use and secure remote access capabilities? Share with us in the comments below.
Image Source: jfcherry