What should be on your business' holiday wish list? We have a few ideas.
Read on for innovative products, devices and services to keep your organization secure in the new year.
IoT Devices For Your Wish List
It is expected that by 2017, 82% of businesses will be connected through the Internet of Things (IoT). The IoT can increase efficiency, add convenience and improve customer experiences. Consider the following IoT devices for your holiday wish list:
- Beacon technology: Broadcast information to employees or customers using Bluetooth® LE (low energy). Display informational messaging, open an app, or perform other functions as required.
- Geofencing: Set up virtual geographic boundaries around your business, and then use those parameters to trigger actions. Tailor special mobile promotions or offers to customers close by or in your business, or activate operational functions, such as setting your security system upon leaving the area.
- Wearable devices: Employees can quickly obtain business data on the go through wearable devices (like smart watches), while keeping their hands free.
- Cloud storage: Access information, like video surveillance feeds, remotely from any Internet-connected device with secure cloud storage.
- Smart thermostats and lights. Reduce energy costs with smart thermostats, lights and appliances. Turn equipment on or off remotely or pre-set schedules to your desired preferences. Stop wasting unnecessary electricity.
Proper Protection, the Best Gift of All
As you adopt new technologies, prepare for security and network management too. Consider adding these services and products to your business’ list:
- Secondary network connection. Isolate critical devices and data on a secondary network to improve overall system performance and prevent a mass data compromise if breached.
- Updated antivirus and malware. Ensure existing antivirus or malware software is compatible with new devices. If not, add to your list to keep products secure.
- Intrusion Detection System (IDS). New devices can present new security threats. For an added security layer, an IDS dives deeper into suspicious network and device activity to uncover vulnerabilities earlier.
- Cyber threat assessment. Uncover network threats, poor user productivity and improper network utilization with a cyber threat assessment. Proactively fix issues for improved network performance, safety and uptime.
Work with your vendor to evaluate new security needs based on technology installation to make your business not only smarter, but also safer for the upcoming year.
What IoT devices are on your business security wish list this year? Share with us in the comments below.