Bundling Services for a Full-Circle Security Plan
With cyber crime damages expected to cost the world $6 trillion a year by 2021, business owners must secure their data, devices, networks and employees—on top of keeping their physical buildings and assets protected.
To alleviate some of the pressure, providers offer customized bundling services that combine both physical and network security for a comprehensive and efficient plan.
Let’s take a look at some of the top security services to bundle by industry.
1. Retail Businesses
Around 27 million people shoplift in the United States. Fortunately, there are security services you can bundle to minimize theft:
- Monitored alarms notify you, operators and authorities of a break-in or natural disaster, such as a fire or flood. Incorporate glass-break or intrusion detectors in your bundle to ensure you’re immediately notified of a break-in.
- Panic buttons alert the police of an intense situation like a robbery.
- Electronic article surveillance (EAS) is an anti-shoplifting system that involves attaching tags to merchandise. An employee must remove and deactivate the tag after a purchase or an alarm will sound if the item leaves the store.
- Video surveillance monitors and records all activity in your store, including customers and employees.
- Point of sale (POS) monitoring helps prevent employee theft from cash registers. Consider integrating monitored POS systems with video surveillance to track transaction data with video footage.
- Access control secures inventory and allows you to control who has access to certain areas of your store. Data logs track every time a door is unlocked, giving you exact times of who entered controlled rooms.
- Network security should be bundled to keep customer data safe from hackers. This includes credit card numbers, addresses and phone numbers. Ensure your business network and connected devices are up to date and password protected.
2. Office Solutions
Does your business operate out of an office? As intruders look for more creative ways to infiltrate your business physically and digitally, it’s critical data, networks, devices and employees are secure. Consider bundling these services:
- Monitored alarms that include burglar, fire and carbon monoxide solutions keep your office, data, valuables and employees safe from intruders and natural disasters.
- Access control limits who has access to the building, certain offices and server rooms where sensitive business data is kept.
- Surveillance cameras placed strategically above entrances and exits, in employee break rooms and in parking lots can help identify when and where a crime took place.
- Managed network services help you control the performance and security of your business networks with 24/7 management, monitoring, change control and network operations support.
- Lights can uncover suspicious activity and areas where criminals might hide. Consider bundling smart lights with mobile capabilities that allow you to control them anytime from anywhere.
3. Clinical Solutions
Clinics, pharmacies and hospitals hold vast amounts of medication and patient data. The 2017 Healthcare Crime Survey conducted by the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) shows crime in U.S. hospitals is on the rise. To keep employees and patients safe from violent crime and theft, bundle these services:
- Surveillance systems monitor visitors and staff. Place cameras in pharmacies, public-waiting areas and behind reception desks.
- Monitored alarms ensure the police, employees and security providers are all notified of emergencies.
- Network security keeps patient information safe from data breaches. Consider integrating monitored network securities that detect and also notify network operators of a potential hack.
- Access control can be bundled with your alarm system to ensure medication, equipment and sensitive documents are protected from outsiders.
- Smart thermostats should be bundled with your clinical security solution to keep medical storage rooms at proper temperatures. This will allow you to control the temperature in rooms that need specific settings.
Integrate security features for full coverage of your retail, office or clinical facility. Contact your security vendor for proper installation and placement of bundled products.
What security features have you bundled for a full-circle security plan? Share in the comments below.