The number of cyber attacks nearly doubled in the first half of 2017, posing a major threat to business security. In a world driven by technology and the internet of things, more business owners are investing in cutting-edge security equipment to protect not only physical assets, but also sensitive online data.
While security and smart devices, such as monitored alarms, lights, surveillance cameras and access control are commonly considered when protecting a physical business, the strength and security of the network is also critical to a modern security system’s effectiveness.
That’s why it’s imperative you work with a network security provider to ensure your security system is connected to a resilient network that protects your business assets. Read on for examples of the questions to ask when assessing your business security systems and selecting a network security provider.
It is important to identify the network requirements for your business security systems well in advance of installation. Work with a trusted provider to design a reliable and cost-effective system tailored to your specific business needs. Some questions to ask:
- Is my business ready to migrate to an IP-based security system?
- What IP-based security devices should I invest in to protect my business?
- What are the related network performance and digital storage requirements?
- Do I need to hire a third party to install network-connected security equipment?
- What type of remote monitoring and management will deliver the best ROI?
Running a business demands time, human capital and expenses. However, most small and mid-size businesses lack the proper resources to manage and maintain a reliable network environment. Partnering with a network security provider grants you the freedom and flexibility to focus on business performance without worrying about information technology demands.
To understand the benefits of working with a managed services provider, discuss the following:
- Which stages of the network lifecycle can you manage on behalf of my company?
- Which carriers can I choose from?
- How can I ensure sensitive business data is secured as it moves through the IP network?
- What network monitoring services do you offer to proactively identify threats?
- What services does your network operations center (NOC) offer?
- How easy is it to add or remove sites, equipment or users?
Without a strong network infrastructure, your business could suffer from outdated technology, poor customer experiences and irritated employees. What’s worse? Poorly designed and managed infrastructure could make your business vulnerable to security risks and cyber attacks.
When addressing your network infrastructure, ask questions, such as:
- What hardware manufacturers do you support?
- How do you vet hardware manufacturers to ensure they are best of breed?
- Is your NOC payment card industry (PCI) compliant?
No two businesses are exactly alike, which is why you should partner with a network security provider that custom tailors your security system to accommodate your business needs and offers ongoing technical support. Ask your provider:
- How do you ensure my network is designed with my unique needs in mind?
- What are your standard network service level agreements (SLAs)?
- How are repairs and technical support needs handled?
From start to finish, your network security provider should offer a ‘white-glove’ experience and assure service quality through customer collaboration, network design, implementation, and ongoing support and maintenance.
Vector Security Networks offers single-source solution tailored to the specific needs of your business. To learn more, contact one of our trusted security experts today.